-   -   Use of Combined IF and AND statements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179610-use-combined-if-statements.html)

ConfusedNHouston

Use of Combined IF and AND statements

I have a situation where I want to apply the following argument

If A1 isn't blank and if A1 equals A2, put the value from C1 in D1.

If blank, enter ""

How do i combine or 'nest' the IF and the AND statements? Just for future
reference can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Thanks. I know this is "kindergarten" stuff but I can't find it in the
Excel help file and I need to set this up.

T. Valko

Use of Combined IF and AND statements

Enter this formula in D1:

=IF(AND(A1<"",A1=A2),C1,"")

can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Yes

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ConfusedNHouston" wrote in
message ...
I have a situation where I want to apply the following argument

If A1 isn't blank and if A1 equals A2, put the value from C1 in D1.

If blank, enter ""

How do i combine or 'nest' the IF and the AND statements? Just for future
reference can I have several "AND's" in a row?

Thanks. I know this is "kindergarten" stuff but I can't find it in the
Excel help file and I need to set this up.

Tyro[_2_]

Use of Combined IF and AND statements

This may work for you. Put this in D1:

=IF(AND(A1<"",A1=A2),C1,"")