Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combined Cells

I have combined cells (first name and last name) using the following formula
=A2&" "&B2 and then copied the formula in that column. It combined the first
and last name all the way down in the column but when you click on the cell
up in the bar you see the formula and not the name. How do I make it the
exact name and not the formula? I have forgotten how to do this and it is
driving me crazy... anyone
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Highlight the column with the formula in, click <copy, then click Edit
| Paste Special | Values (check) OK then <Esc or <Enter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

slimjam wrote:
I have combined cells (first name and last name) using the following formula
=A2&" "&B2 and then copied the formula in that column. It combined the first
and last name all the way down in the column but when you click on the cell
up in the bar you see the formula and not the name. How do I make it the
exact name and not the formula? I have forgotten how to do this and it is
driving me crazy... anyone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Highlight the range of cells containing the formulas, then Right-click Copy
PasteSpecial Values OK...........the formulas will disappear and only

the names will remain and will show up in the upper bar.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3