Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Document contains macros message

Hi

I am receiving the warning that my document contains macros. This was
because at one time I had created a macro for the document. I no longer use
the macro.

How do I delete the macros (I cannot find the with the spreadsheet) as I do
not want to receive the warning anymore.

Thank you
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Press Alt + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor and if the Project Viewer is
not visible on the left side of the screen, press <Ctrl + R. In the project
tree, if the VBAProject (YourWorkbookName) has a + sign to its left,click to
expand the view.

Click the + sign to the left of the Microsoft Excel Objects folder to
display all worksheet and the workbook icon, and if there's a Module folder,
click its + sign to view all modules.

To delete the module, right click and select REMOVE MODULE, save it if you
want to to a location on your PC. Then double click on each worksheet icon
and if there's any code displayed, select it and press the DELETE key. Then
double click the workbook icon and select any code that might be there and
press DELETE. Click FILE in the menu and select CLOSE AND RETURN TO EXCEL.

Save and close the workbook and when you reopen it there should not be a
macro warning message.

Hope this helps

--
Kevin Backmann

"april" wrote:

Hi

I am receiving the warning that my document contains macros. This was
because at one time I had created a macro for the document. I no longer use
the macro.

How do I delete the macros (I cannot find the with the spreadsheet) as I do
not want to receive the warning anymore.

Thank you
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, I have been able to delete the module.

I am unable to delete the Worksheets under 'Microsoft Execut Objects' under
the 'VBAProject (book2.xls)'. When I right-click on "Sheet 1" (for
example), Remove Sheet1 is greyed out.

Please can you advise.
Thank you.

"april" wrote:

Hi

I am receiving the warning that my document contains macros. This was
because at one time I had created a macro for the document. I no longer
use
the macro.

How do I delete the macros (I cannot find the with the spreadsheet) as I
do
not want to receive the warning anymore.

Thank you
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually you would click the [+] next to the word "Modules" under
VBAProject. There would be at least one module there, if you only have
the one macro and want to get rid of it, simply right click and choose
"Remove".

HTH,
JP

"april" wrote:

Hi

I am receiving the warning that my document contains macros. *This was
because at one time I had created a macro for the document. *I no longer
use
the macro.

How do I delete the macros (I cannot find the with the spreadsheet) as I
do
not want to receive the warning anymore.

Thank you
Regards.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem still remains. When I attempt to delete within 'Worksheet' for
each 'Sheet' (step 6 and 7), the code is not deleted (it keeps returning
when I go back to the Sheet to check that it has been deleted.