Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default F2 Key not working in Excel 2007

Why would My F2 key not be working in Excel 2007?
Each time I hit the F2 key it just does nothing. I'm so used to typing
F2 and then the text to append to the cell, but it just overwrites
because F2 won't open the cell for editing.
I've tried with both "Allow Editing in Cells" option turned on and off
and it makes no difference.
I'm sure it's just a simple setting but I'm not sure what it is...
does anyone know?

Thanks

JodieM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jodie,

Are you sure Function keys are enabled on your keyboard?
Many keyboards have double-function function keys and use as F keys has to be enabled with another key. On my keyboard that is the
F Lock key

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JodieM" wrote in message ...
| Why would My F2 key not be working in Excel 2007?
| Each time I hit the F2 key it just does nothing. I'm so used to typing
| F2 and then the text to append to the cell, but it just overwrites
| because F2 won't open the cell for editing.
| I've tried with both "Allow Editing in Cells" option turned on and off
| and it makes no difference.
| I'm sure it's just a simple setting but I'm not sure what it is...
| does anyone know?
|
| Thanks
|
| JodieM

Junior Member