Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Sort Order not working

In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range
(say B4:Z54) by Col E Asc, Col B Asc, and Col F Asc then Excel would remember
the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say B104:Z154 it would
keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data
without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again.

Further - if I changed the range and then hit F4, it would re-execute the
sort for whatever new range that I had selected so that I wouldn't even need
to even bring up the sort dialogue. I hit F4 and Boom! done.

In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move
away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the
sort parameters every time. Further, if I hit F4 it resorts THE OLD
SELECTED RANGE. I mean really - if F4 repeats the last command then what
could you possibly do to your spreadsheet that would - in any way -
necessitate
re-doing a sort on the same range without doing at least 1 action inbetween?

If someone has a work around for this or knows how to get the sort order
functionality to start working the way it was before I would appreciate it
because at this point I am serious considering dumping 2007 and going back to
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Workarounds other than using a macro. I can program macros but that isn't the
point. The point is that this should have been working properly out of the
box without having to resort to a macro in the first place.

So please no macro suggestions.