Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 links not working

Excel 2007 (not beta) on XP Pro SP2 all updates

I do my accounts in Excel so have a workbook for each month with links
to the previous month to carry totals forward.

I am now using Excel 2007 and have problems with the links not
updating. I have allowed "enable automatic update for all workbook
links" in the options.

The problem is if I have 2 months open that are not consecutive, the
link update still doesn't work. i.e. I opened July to make a change
but the result was not updated in December unless I had every month in
between open.

How can I change this so links work properly without having to open
every workbook?

Any help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I follow what you're saying Excel is behaving as I would expect it, in
any version. While you can pull information from a closed workbook into an
open one, you cannot put information into a closed workbook from an open one
via linking formulas. Therefore your middle workbook, the unopened one, is
not being updated so it cannot pass on the updated data to the last
workbook.

--
Jim