Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary Mary is offline

Default Excel 2007 links not working

Excel 2007 (not beta) on XP Pro SP2 all updates

I do my accounts in Excel so have a workbook for each month with links
to the previous month to carry totals forward.

I am now using Excel 2007 and have problems with the links not
updating. I have allowed "enable automatic update for all workbook
links" in the options.

The problem is if I have 2 months open that are not consecutive, the
link update still doesn't work. i.e. I opened July to make a change
but the result was not updated in December unless I had every month in
between open.

How can I change this so links work properly without having to open
every workbook?

Any help appreciated