Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP - the file links cannot be updated!

Does anyone have any suggestions on why the following macro cannot update the
file links?
They can be updated before, without changing anything, when I run the macro
again, it executes open, save and close without updating all the links and
perform all the updated calculation. If I open each file manually, then the
links can be updated and perform updated calculation.
Does anyone have any suggestion on what wrong excel is?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Sub Temp()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\File1.xls", UpdateLinks:=3
Workbooks("File1.xls").Close savechanges:=True

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\File2.xls", UpdateLinks:=3
Workbooks("File2.xls").Close savechanges:=True

Workbooks("Update Files").Close savechanges:=True