Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text wont wrap

This is so basic im embarrassed to ask becausde I cant get this working.

Ive a cell with text in it too long for the cell B35. Ive formatted the cell
to wrap text, number alignment is general and used autofit but it still
won't display all the text in cell B35.

I have other cells where i have the same issue and other cells where the
wrapping has worked properly. I don't think there is a max number of text in
a cell. I am sure that ive done more than this particualr cell that wont
wrap before?
Thank

Cari Rambo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will show about 1000 characters in a cell--unless you do something to see
more.

Try adding alt-enters (to force newlines within the cell) every 80-100
characters to see lots more than those 1000 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cell is not more than the 100 characters Dave mentions, perhaps it is a
"merged" cell.

These will wrap but not autofit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP