Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default updating graphs

I have 42 graphs that I'm manually updating the sources (two values and the
(X) axis label) to the most current data. I've set up the data sheet for the
graph reference; (X) axis label (week 1 through week 52-full year) and the
two values for all 52 weeks are linked to another spreadsheet and does not
get updated until the week is completed so until it is updated the cell shows
#DIV/0!. I have 42 graphs that I have to manually update weekly to the most
current week because I dont want the graph to show all 52 weeks at once. I
only want to see weeks that have only data. Is there any macro that could
automate the update of the graph to the most current week?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't need a macro. Define a dynamic name that is based on the number of
numeric cells in the range, and make your chart using this data. Here are
links to examples:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Falah" wrote in message
I have 42 graphs that I'm manually updating the sources (two values and the
(X) axis label) to the most current data. I've set up the data sheet for
the
graph reference; (X) axis label (week 1 through week 52-full year) and
the
two values for all 52 weeks are linked to another spreadsheet and does not
get updated until the week is completed so until it is updated the cell
shows
#DIV/0!. I have 42 graphs that I have to manually update weekly to the
most
current week because I dont want the graph to show all 52 weeks at once. I
only want to see weeks that have only data. Is there any macro that could
automate the update of the graph to the most current week?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon - Thanks for the reply. I've tried following the link below and it does
work if you create dynamic names for the cell ranges. My issue is that I have
all the cells linked to another workbook for all weeks. The data appears as
it gets updated each week but if the week's data is not updated yet the cell
will contain an error. The example in your blank works if the cell is blank
but if there's a formula in the cell it will show all weeks in the graph when
i only want it to show up until the most updated week. Please let me know if
you know how i can solve this problem. Thanks.