Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJB RJB is offline

Default Find Cells with Formulas

I inherited a spreadsheet with 52 tabs of tables, each table 21 columns by 8
rows.

MOST cells have a VLOOKUP formula in them, the rest, someone has plugged in
a number.

Is there a way to conditionally format the sheet to show which ones do NOT
have a formula?

I know Ctrl + ` will SHOW formulas, but I'd like to highlight them.

(So I guess my Subject line is backwards)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can (at the menu), select Edit, Goto... Click the Special... (at the
bottom)
On next Screen, click on Formulas -- All Formulas should be SELECTED;
you could Click on the Fill Color - selecting Yellow...???

"RJB" wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet with 52 tabs of tables, each table 21 columns by 8
rows.

MOST cells have a VLOOKUP formula in them, the rest, someone has plugged in
a number.

Is there a way to conditionally format the sheet to show which ones do NOT
have a formula?

I know Ctrl + ` will SHOW formulas, but I'd like to highlight them.

(So I guess my Subject line is backwards)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
for conditional formatting to highlight formulas see this site.....
http://ccnotes.wordpress.com/2006/11/10/22/

regards
FSt1

"RJB" wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet with 52 tabs of tables, each table 21 columns by 8
rows.

MOST cells have a VLOOKUP formula in them, the rest, someone has plugged in
a number.

Is there a way to conditionally format the sheet to show which ones do NOT
have a formula?

I know Ctrl + ` will SHOW formulas, but I'd like to highlight them.

(So I guess my Subject line is backwards)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJB RJB is offline

Good stuff. Easy to do, tough to explain to my colleagues.

Thanks for the quick reply!

rjb