Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells Rounding up but shouldn't be

Good Morning!!

I am running Excel 2003..

I have a group of cells that are being added together and excel is rounding
them up by .01...

Cell D3=$879.56
Cell D4=56000.10
Cell D5=$4173.17
Cell D6=$0.00
Cell D7 is a sum of the above and it shows $61052.84. When you manually
calculate these fields it shows $61052.83.

There is no formula on the cell that tells it to do this...

What could be causing this and/or how can I prevent it?

Thanks in advance!!

Myssie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it's mid afternoon here ...

Check on the values in cells D3 to D6 by increasing the number of decimal
places shown in the cells - you may find you actually have:

Cell D3= $879.564918
Cell D4=$56000.098128
Cell D5= $4173.174968
Cell D6= $0.000000

So what happens when you add them now? Then round that to 2 dp. I think you
will get $61052.84

Hope this helps.

Pete