Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding the vaule of a cell's fill color

I have a Visual Basic Code that when I click on a cell it changes the color
from green to red to blue (not in that order). These colors show wether an
item is completed, not completed, or not applicable. How do I create a
forumla that shows the percentage of work remaining or accomplished based off
how many cells are green and blue or red? Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
yes it is. see this site...
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
it contains a number of function for working with color ie count, sum, sort
ect.
you can install these functions by pasting them into a standard module.
to work, the function must be in an open workbook. you can put them in a
personal.xls workbook and save it to the xl start folder and they will be
available for any file.
I understand that this is all built into 2007 which i have not worked with
yet.

Regards
FSt1