Arlen

Default Change a cell's fill color dynamically?

Is it possible to lookup a value in a cell over here and change a cell's fill
color over there based on certain criteria?

For instance, if all the workdays for a month are listed in column A, is it
possible to look up all the Fridays and change the corresponding cell in
Column C from whatever color to Yellow?

While I'm at it, is it possible to unlock those certain C cells for editing,
as well?

Thank You so very much.

Arlen
Myrna Larson

You can handle the color issue with conditional formatting; you don't need any
lookup function.

As far as locking/unlocking the cells, you probably need to do that with VBA
code. But Fridays are Fridays and won't change. Why do you need to change the
locking?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:25:06 -0800, "Arlen"
wrote:

Is it possible to lookup a value in a cell over here and change a cell's fill
color over there based on certain criteria?

For instance, if all the workdays for a month are listed in column A, is it
possible to look up all the Fridays and change the corresponding cell in
Column C from whatever color to Yellow?

While I'm at it, is it possible to unlock those certain C cells for editing,
as well?

Thank You so very much.

Arlen

David

?B?QXJsZW4=?= wrote

For instance, if all the workdays for a month are listed in column A,
is it possible to look up all the Fridays and change the corresponding
cell in Column C from whatever color to Yellow?

You could use Conditional Formatting (you would have to Unprotect the sheet
first):
Say dates in A start at A2
Select all corresponding cells in C
Format|Conditional Formatting