Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sireofsix

Default In Excel is there a function to change a cell's background color?

The cell contains a formula to determine the contents. Based upon results, I
would like to color the background of the cell (e.g. if 10 color red; if 10
& <20 color yellow; etc.). I have not been successful in finding a solution
using help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SVC

Use Conditional Formatting (Format Conditional Formatting): Cell value is
and set your criteria. Click Add to add additional conditions.

"Sireofsix" wrote:

The cell contains a formula to determine the contents. Based upon results, I
would like to color the background of the cell (e.g. if 10 color red; if 10
& <20 color yellow; etc.). I have not been successful in finding a solution
using help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sireofsix

Default In Excel is there a function to change a cell's background col

Excellent! Thank you very much and have a great day ! ! !

"Sireofsix" wrote:

The cell contains a formula to determine the contents. Based upon results, I
would like to color the background of the cell (e.g. if 10 color red; if 10
& <20 color yellow; etc.). I have not been successful in finding a solution
using help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LTUser54

What nobody has mentioned here is that you must FIRST select the range
you want formatted before you can use conditional formatting.

I had to search TWICE and experiment for about 10 minutes (with 100%
failure rate) to find that out.

Too bad MS fails to mention pretty crucial stuff like that right up
front, eh?

Their help-search algorithm is apalling.

Then again, my needs are nothing compared to their deisre for total
world domination.

Have a good one.

Mark
Boston