Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet Bloating

Hello,

I have/had a workbook which was 14MB. I did a very little amount of
progamming (20 lines or less) and added a simple toolbar with 1 button and
now it is 25MB?

I then manually copy everything to a new workbook and saved it and it is
only 255KB. What make a workbook bloat? Is there a way to tell Excel to
wipe everything out of memory and saved the file again from scratch (I don't
know if this make sense)?

Thank you,

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your issue is most likely that you have cells that Excel believes it needs to
save but in fact they are empty. The way to check this is to look at the
scroll bars on each sheet. If the scroll bar allows you to scroll past the
end of the data then you have empty cells that you need to Delete (not
clear). On these sheets select all of the rows from the end of the data to
the bottom of the sheet and Delete the cells (not clear contents). Do the
same thing to remove empty columns. When you are done save the workbook and
the size of the file should shrink...

For more infor check out this link...
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson