Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge 2 columns

Hi i would like to merge 2 or 3 columns i have searched and founds this

=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

This works put puts them in 1 column together i would like to be able to
havea gap betweeen them . So not 2woodbury road but 2 Woodbury Road.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1 & " " & B1

or the longer =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:26:00 -0800, Neil wrote:

Hi i would like to merge 2 or 3 columns i have searched and founds this

=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

This works put puts them in 1 column together i would like to be able to
havea gap betweeen them . So not 2woodbury road but 2 Woodbury Road.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Both of these work find for me as well. How can I get this to work without
having a formula in the cell. I need to name and reference the cells, for a
list, after merging the columns.

-Angie

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

=A1 & " " & B1

or the longer =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:26:00 -0800, Neil wrote:

Hi i would like to merge 2 or 3 columns i have searched and founds this

=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)

This works put puts them in 1 column together i would like to be able to
havea gap betweeen them . So not 2woodbury road but 2 Woodbury Road.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After doing the merge using the formula, copy the cell(s) and EditPaste
SpecialValuesOKEsc.

Gord