Pete

Default How to merge columns

How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in to
a database.
William

Pete

In cell C2 enter the formula
=A2&" "&B2
and then copy cell C2 down column C as far as you need.

You may then want to EditPasteSpecialValues the data in Column C to change
the formulae to hard coded values.
---

XL2003
Regards

William

"Pete" wrote in message
How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being
the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in
a database.

Paul B

Pete, here is one way, put this in C1 and copy down

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

then copy and paste special valves on that column if needed

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Pete" wrote in message
How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being

the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in

a database.

Stevie_mac

Select Cell C2
Type =A2 & " " & B2
Press Enter
Select Cell C2 again
Grab the square dot on the bottom right of the cell & drag it down the 2640 rows

Now Column C will have "First_name Second_name" in populated from COL A & COL B

"Pete" wrote in message ...
How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in to
a database.

Vasant Nanavati

In cell C1 (assuming no header row), put the formula

=A1&" "&B1

Select column C and lock the entries using Edit | Copy | Edit | Paste
Special | Values.

Optionally, delete columns A and B.

--

Vasant

"Pete" wrote in message
How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being

the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in

a database.

John Mansfield

Pete,

In a third column (say column C), add a formula that references column A and
B like this:

=A1 & " " & B1.

Copy the formula down the column C range for all of the rows involved in the
import.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Pete" wrote:

How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import in to
a database.

Philippe l. Balmanno

"Pete" wrote in message
How do I merge 2 columns, A & B, with A being the first name and B being

the
last name. I have 2640 rows that need this completed in order to import
in

a database.

I like this one and =CONCATENATE(A:A," ",B:B) works for me as well.