Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grand Totals for Pivot Tables

I have a Pivot Table based on a Table that consists of the following fields:
Provider, Date, Pmt1, Pmt2, Pmt3, Pmt4

When I create the Pivot Table using the Insert-Pivot Table feature I
specify Provider and Date as Row Labels and Sum of each of the Pmt fields as
values.
The resulting table has a Grand Total at the bottom for the columns but I
cannot get a Grand Total for the rows at the right. When I the Totals &
Filters tab under Pivot Table options both Grand Total boxes are checked.

Is there a way the get both Grand Totals at the same time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll only see a Grand Total for rows if there's a Column Labels field.
Then, it will show a total for each Value field, for each column field.

You have multiple Value fields, and a Grand Total for rows won't show a
total for those.

Perhaps you could create a Total Pmt column in your source data, and add
that to the pivot table.

"ExcelPeter218" wrote:

I have a Pivot Table based on a Table that consists of the following fields:
Provider, Date, Pmt1, Pmt2, Pmt3, Pmt4

When I create the Pivot Table using the Insert-Pivot Table feature I
specify Provider and Date as Row Labels and Sum of each of the Pmt fields as
values.
The resulting table has a Grand Total at the bottom for the columns but I
cannot get a Grand Total for the rows at the right. When I the Totals &
Filters tab under Pivot Table options both Grand Total boxes are checked.

Is there a way the get both Grand Totals at the same time.

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html