Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Missygal

Default Need help with grand totals in pivot table

I have several pivot tables where I am finding the average. My problem
is the Grand totals are not looking correct for the averages. What
could be the problem? Thanks!

Average of Days to Issue Sym
Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
BKB 9 9
JMS 29 34 19 31
MEM 19 33 0 29
MLN 26 25 25
PJK 24 25 25
SCS 15 19 18
Grand Total 21 26 14 25

Average of Days Issued before RN Sym
Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
BKB 5 5
JMS 28 0 -10 4
MEM 31 5 14 11
MLN 35 13 15
PJK 38 8 13
SCS 27 19 20
Grand Total 32 10 -4 13

Average of Days in Rating Sym
Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
BKB 9 9
JMS 6 7 2 6
MEM 8 13 6 12
MLN 31 4 6
PJK 14 5 7
SCS 4 5 5
Grand Total 10 7 3 7

Average of Days to Quote Sym
Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
BKB -26 -26
JMS 6 16 11 14
MEM 11 18 0 16
MLN 20 24 23
PJK 17 11 12
SCS 7 17 15
Grand Total 12 17 9 16

Average of Days Quoted before RN Sym
Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
BKB 40 40
JMS 50 19 7 23
MEM 38 19 14 23
MLN 41 14 16
PJK 46 24 28
SCS 38 21 24
Grand Total 42 19 8 23

Count of Policy Issued less than 14 days before RN
Assistant Yes Grand Total
BKB 4 4
JMS 30 30
MEM 42 42
MLN 43 43
PJK 37 37
SCS 41 41
Grand Total 197 197

Count of Policy Qt less than 14 days before RN
Assistant Yes Grand Total
JMS 14 14
MEM 6 6
MLN 26 26
PJK 6 6
SCS 26 26
Grand Total 78 78

% of Accts Quoted 14 days before RN
BKB 100%
JMS 70%
MEM 91%
MLN 64%
PJK 92%
SCS 63%
Total 77%

--
Missygal
Missygal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33200

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Missygal,

The Grand Total is averaging ALL of the data items.

It is NOT averaging the averages of each (BKB, JMS, etc) for each category
(ABP, CDP, etc)

For example:

Name Cat Amount
BKB A 10
BKB A 15
BKB A 14
BKB B 50
BKB B 55
BKB B 60
BKB B 59
BKB B 66

The pivot would look like this:

Amount Cat
Name A B Total
BKB 13 58 41.25

The Grand Total is NOT the average of 13 and 58. Is is the average of

10,15,14,50,55,60,59,66

HTH