Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting a Value IF a cell meets a criteria

I must admit, it has been over three years since I worked with Excel, but I
thought it would be more like riding a bike going back into it.

Situation: I have a workbook with three sheets in it. On one sheet, I have
monetary figures, i.e., £450 in let's say cell C4, for argumentation. On
another sheet, I want a 1 to appear in the C4 cell of THAT sheet if the cell
in the monetary sheet is filled, and to remain blank if no input from the
monetary sheet. The monetary sheet's cells all must maintain the £ symbol.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dim dim is offline

Lets say your monetary sheet is named 'Sheet1'.

On your other sheet in the relevant cell type the formula:

=IF(Sheet1!$C$4="","",1)

In English:

If On Sheet1! the Cell $C$4's Value is equal to "Nothing" then "Nothing"
otherwise 1.

Hope this helps.