Meaux

Default how do I change the font of a cell if it meets a certain criteria.

in another cell?
Meaux

What I mean is: In cell 1A I have a name. In cell 2A I have a formula. What I
am trying to do is , if the value in 2A is over a limit I would like the font
in 1A to change to red type.

in another cell?

Max

Via conditional formatting

Try this:

Assume you have in A2: =SUM(B2:C2)

Select A1 (where you have the name)
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, set it as:
Formula is | =A23
Click Format button Font tab red/bold OK
Click OK at the main dialog

Test it out, input some numbers into B2 and C2
If A2 evaluates to 3, the font of the name in A1
will change to red/bold

(I'm assuming your "1A", "2A" means cell A1 and A2 <g)
--
Rgds
Max
"Meaux" wrote in message
What I mean is: In cell 1A I have a name. In cell 2A I have a formula.

What I
am trying to do is , if the value in 2A is over a limit I would like the

font
in 1A to change to red type.

"Meaux" wrote:

in another cell?

Frank Kabel

Hi
Excel's build-in conditional format does not support font changes. So
you need VBA for this (an event procedure). You may try the following
addin for this:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

--
Regards