JRTB

Default change font in a forms control combo box

Am trying to change font in a combo box in Excel 2003 but cant figure out how
to. The font appears to be a default size and style regardless of how large
I make the combo box. I have canged the size of font in the linked list but
this does not work. Any help welcomed.
Nick Hodge

I suspect you are trying to use a combobox from the 'forms' toolbar. The
font in these is fixed.

If you use the 'controls' toolbox you will get an activeX control in which
you can change the font attributes. You also used the 'linkedcell' property
and 'ListFillRange' to fill and display values from the control.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"JRTB" wrote in message
Am trying to change font in a combo box in Excel 2003 but cant figure out
how
to. The font appears to be a default size and style regardless of how
large
I make the combo box. I have canged the size of font in the linked list
but
this does not work. Any help welcomed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Nick,

Could you explain a little more in detail.

I right click on combo box from "control toolbox" and select "properties".
What should we put in "linked cell" and "ListFillRange"?

Also where is the place I can change font size (and color if possible)?

We can assume I have "car 1" in A1, "car 2" in A2, "car 3" in A3, "car 4" in
A4 and "car 5" in A5. Drop down list in combo box should have these five
options.

Thanks in advance,
Erol

"JRTB" wrote in message
Am trying to change font in a combo box in Excel 2003 but cant figure out
how
to. The font appears to be a default size and style regardless of how
large
I make the combo box. I have canged the size of font in the linked list
but
this does not work. Any help welcomed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What should we put in "linked cell" and "ListFillRange"?

The linked cell is the cell that will actually hold the selection you make.
It can be any cell you want, for example: B1. A nice trick is to use the
cell underneath the combo box as the linked cell. This in effect hides the
linked cell since the combo box covers the linked cell.

The ListFillRange would be the source of the data used to populate the list.
In your case that would be: A1:A5

Also where is the place I can change font size (and color if possible)?

For font size, in Properties select Font in the left pane. Click in the
right pane and you'll be presented with a user form full of options.

For the font color, select ForeColor in the left pane then in the right pane
select Palette and you'll see what colors are available.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP