Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.windowsupdate

Default Programs not responding

Forwarded to microsoft.public.excel & microsoft.public.excel.misc via
crosspost.
--
~PA Bear

Frustrated User wrote:
I have started having trouble with EXCEL 2003 on opening and closing
files.
Until about a week ago it was okay. It will hang on an open of a sheet
(the
task manager says it is not responding), stay that way for a while and
eventually come back to life. It does the same on a close. I've tried
backing out the last couple of updates, but that had no effect. Any
suggestions?

P.S. this is happening on both of our computers - one Dell desktop and one
Gateway notebook.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

Similar problem. Excel files were done in Office 2000. Used Excel 2007, but
the option where it gives you "Save as 93-2007 workbook." Now, most files
take forever to load. Uninstalled 2007, reinstalled 2000, thinking that
should solve the problem. It doesn't. Even files that were NEVER opened using
Excel 2007 take forever to load.

Interestingly, however, files that are small don't take any time. But most
of my files are around 6000 mb. It also takes forever to save them.

Clearly, the problem must be independent of the version of excel one is
running.

What is going on? I have contacted Micrsoft about this, but they are still
trying to find a solution.