Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paulrm906

Default Deleting VBA programs

HELLO
I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem. Well it all
started when I copied and pasted a small VBA program from the internet.
The VBA program was to stop anyone from copying or cutting and pasting
any of my work. However this VBA program went to all excel sheets and
now I cannot cut or copy by using the the left mouse or the cut/copy in
edit. I can however still cut and copy by using control+c/x. I have so
far deleted the VBA program plus I have deleted the excel program
itself and I have even deleted Microsoft Office and then reloaded it.
And still I have the same problem. I have also gone into VBA and I
cannot find any trace of the VBA program that I installed in the first
place. Plus I have checked all options in the tool bar. If I cannot
solve this in the end I will have to reload windows all together.
Thanks in advance if you can help me correct this problem.

Paul

--
paulrm906
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

It is possible that the VBA macro lies within PERSONAL.XLS
This file opens everytime you use Excel but is hidden; try Window |Unhide to
see if you have such a file
If so, unhide it, go to VBA editor and delete macro
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"paulrm906" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Make sure you check your XLStart folder for more files than you want.

And tools|addins, too.

Next time it happens, try opening the VBE (alt-f11)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)

You'll see something much like windows explorer.

Make a note of all the workbook/projects that are open.

You'll see something like:
VBAProject (workbooknamehere.xls)

If one of these looks unfamiliar, you can find its location by:
hitting ctrl-g to get to the immediate window
type this and hit enter:
?workbooks("workbooknamehere.xls").fullname

That should help you find the location of any suspicious workbook.

If you see a few that look suspicious, post back with their names.

I see this in mine:
funcres (FUNCRES.XLA) (anaylsis toolpak for Excel stuff)
personal (personal.xla) (my own set of macros/functions)
VBAProject (book1) (initial empty workbook)

=======
I'm not sure reinstalling windows over windows would help you. I wouldn't do
it.