Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy chart to another worksheet - crashes

Hello I'm trying to copy a chart from one worksheet to another. Once I
copy the chart and try to change the source data and I get the message "No
more fonts may be applied to this workbook" After hitting Ok several times
the chart options windows appears. If I copy the chart several times excel
crashes.

So how do I copy a chart to another sheet? what I'm I doing wrong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the entire sheet, including chart and data. Change the data, and the
chart will update.

For the 'No new fonts' error, see this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello I'm trying to copy a chart from one worksheet to another. Once I
copy the chart and try to change the source data and I get the message
"No
more fonts may be applied to this workbook" After hitting Ok several
times
the chart options windows appears. If I copy the chart several times excel
crashes.

So how do I copy a chart to another sheet? what I'm I doing wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HVR HVR is offline

Hello,
When I copy or move a sheet which contains a chart by right clicking the
sheet and selecting Move/Copy, it only seems to copy the entire sheet and
chart when I move/copy to a new workbook. If I copy/move to an existing
(Open) workbook the new worksheet contains an empty chart and the source data
shows REF!.
In Office 2003 a sheet can be moved to either a new workbook or an existing
workbook (as long as it is also open). In Office 2003 the entire sheet and
chart are copied and the source data automatically points to the new sheet.
Is this a bug in Excel 2007 that will be fixed?
Thanks,
Helen

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, that's a strange one. Looks like a bug, and I won't place odds on
getting it fixed.

In Office 2007 SP1: If you copy or move the sheet with data and a chart to
another workbook, if the new workbook already has a sheet with the same name
as the copied sheet, the copied sheet is renamed from, say, Sheet1 to Sheet1
(1). The chart still references Sheet1, however, without updating to the new
name of its parent sheet. So if Sheet1 doesn't have data in the source
range, the chart appears empty. If the target workbook has no sheet with the
same name, the copy of the sheet with the chart looks like it occurred
correctly.

In Office 2003 and earlier versions: copying or pasting to another workbook
results in a sheet with a new name if necessary, and the chart always
linking to its parent sheet.

- Jon
-------