Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default anyway to copy the chart format to another worksheet

say you have a worksheet that has a chart based on some of the cells in the
worksheet. someone creates a brand new worksheet that includes some of the
data from the first worksheet but also has a months worth of new data. is
there anyway to easily recreate the chart format from the 1st worksheet into
the 2nd worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the chart so that you have the small black squares in the
corners and mid points of the OUTER lines, then click <copy, then
select your second sheet and <paste. This copy of the chart will
still be looking at the original data, so you need to right-click on
the chart and select Source Data in order to change the references to
point to the data in your second sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 16, 10:20 pm, question on links where info is added an
rosoft.com wrote:
say you have a worksheet that has a chart based on some of the cells in the
worksheet. someone creates a brand new worksheet that includes some of the
data from the first worksheet but also has a months worth of new data. is
there anyway to easily recreate the chart format from the 1st worksheet into
the 2nd worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok, thanks for the reply. I see what you mean. It didn't quite work for me
but I see the process. I think maybe the excel sheets were diffrent in some
way as well because it would not take the new ranges properly.

rosoft.com wrote:
say you have a worksheet that has a chart based on some of the cells in the
worksheet. someone creates a brand new worksheet that includes some of the
data from the first worksheet but also has a months worth of new data. is
there anyway to easily recreate the chart format from the 1st worksheet into
the 2nd worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, you're part-way there. Thanks for feeding back.

Pete

rosoft.com wrote:
say you have a worksheet that has a chart based on some of the cells in the
worksheet. someone creates a brand new worksheet that includes some of the
data from the first worksheet but also has a months worth of new data. is
there anyway to easily recreate the chart format from the 1st worksheet into
the 2nd worksheet?- Hide quoted text -