Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default horizontal lines to vertical

My transcripts need to be converted from horizontal text into horizontal text
in vertical columns..make sense?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

its me again, i thought i should explain a little more...im doing a
transcript for school, its a dialogue between two people, my teacher wants
there to be a cloumn for each persons "text", and a comment column and a
small "grade" column...anyway, after typing it out horizontally, he wants us
to flip the page so you can read the columns horizontally with the page on
its side (more room for the columns)..my question is how do i switch the
text, in order to print it on the page that way?...this is probably the most
easy thing, im just very fresh to this, thanks for your time...

" wrote:

My transcripts need to be converted from horizontal text into horizontal text
in vertical columns..make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hey, cool, that really helped, im now on the right path...but now, when i did
this i tested it out with a few words in each column and they ended up being
beneith each other instead beside...you know, the columns didnt just pivot
all that way, they all lay under...do you know how to fix that too?....if not
thats cool youve already been a huge help, thanx

" wrote:

My transcripts need to be converted from horizontal text into horizontal
text
in vertical columns..make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds to me that this would be more effective in Microsoft Word, in a
table, on a landscape-oriented page.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

" wrote:

My transcripts need to be converted from horizontal text into horizontal
text
in vertical columns..make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. It isn't at all clear what you want.
Two things you might look at, depending on what you really want:
One question is whether you've looked at setting the page to landscape
rather than portrait.
Another area to look if you're not getting the effect you want is word wrap
(again within Format/ Cells/ Alignment).

As someone else has pointed out, you may well be better off with Word rather
than Excel.
--
David Biddulph