Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving takes 30 Seconds

On several different programs that I used saving will randomly take about 30
seconds. This doesn't happen on every save, but it seems to be happening
more and more often. Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

These types of issues are often difficult to troubleshoot. Plus this
question probably belongs on the Microsoft Windows discussion group rather
than the Excel General discussion group. But before heading over there, try
running Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter (Start - Programs - Accessories -
System Tools).

" wrote:

On several different programs that I used saving will randomly take about 30
seconds. This doesn't happen on every save, but it seems to be happening
more and more often. Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably more often as your TIF and Temp folders get more crowded.

Try a cleanup of these folders.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:50:01 -0800,
m wrote:

On several different programs that I used saving will randomly take about 30
seconds. This doesn't happen on every save, but it seems to be happening
more and more often. Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What if this happens on several different computers? It seems to be
connected to a certain worksheet. Are there any properties of the worksheet
that would cause the saving to be slow?

Thsanks

Adam Bush

m wrote:

On several different programs that I used saving will randomly take about 30
seconds. This doesn't happen on every save, but it seems to be happening
more and more often. Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If there are a lot of formulas (esp array formulas), fonts, etc, some
workbooks can slow to a crawl when autofiltering, saving, etc. Even
some of my workbooks that have only 50 or so array formulas have
noticeable slowdown. Check out the link Gord posted, some very good
information on there about what Excel is doing and how it can be sped
up. I would also recommend http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelSpreadsheetDesign.htm.

HTH,
JP

On Feb 12, 3:55*pm,
m wrote:
The workbook is about 10,000 kb.

Thanks

Adam Bush

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
You can't save a worksheet so you must mean "workbook".

How large is the workbook in kb or mb............see FileProperties.

Also have a look at Charles Williams' site.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm

Gord

m wrote:

On several different programs that I used saving will randomly take about 30
seconds. *This doesn't happen on every save, but it seems to be happening
more and more often. *Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush- Hide quoted text -