Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPC RPC is offline

Default Excel program remains open after closing file

I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file, and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RPC

"File" "Exit" ot the big X in the upper right corner, not the smaller x to
close only the workbook.

Mike Rogers

"RPC" wrote:

I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file, and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPC RPC is offline

Thanks, but that's not it. I know to close the big red x. The application
remains open even when I do this. I should have added that I'm using Excel
2007 too.

"RPC" wrote:

I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file, and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPC RPC is offline

While that does work (thanks!), is there any way to close directly from the
big red x in the upper right corner? That's the standard behavior for my
other Office 2007 apps.

"Tyro" wrote:

Office Button/Exit Excel

Tyro

"RPC" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file,
and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like
the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me
where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not as far as I know.

Tyro

"RPC" wrote in message
While that does work (thanks!), is there any way to close directly from
the
big red x in the upper right corner? That's the standard behavior for my
other Office 2007 apps.

"Tyro" wrote:

Office Button/Exit Excel

Tyro

"RPC" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel
file,
and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like
the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me
where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The big X works for me (why "red"?)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RPC" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file,
and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like
the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me
where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPC RPC is offline

The big X turns red when you hover over it.

I know by default that the big X should close Excel. My company changed
something though to switch that behavior. And I'm looking for a setting or
regedit to change it back to standard behavior.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The big X works for me (why "red"?)
best wishes
--

"RPC" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file,
and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like
the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me
where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hold down Shift?

RPC wrote:

The big X turns red when you hover over it.

I know by default that the big X should close Excel. My company changed
something though to switch that behavior. And I'm looking for a setting or
regedit to change it back to standard behavior.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The big X works for me (why "red"?)
best wishes