Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Excel program remains open after closing file

Hold down Shift?

RPC wrote:

The big X turns red when you hover over it.

I know by default that the big X should close Excel. My company changed
something though to switch that behavior. And I'm looking for a setting or
regedit to change it back to standard behavior.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The big X works for me (why "red"?)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RPC" wrote in message

I can't seem to find the setting to change this. If I open an Excel file,
and
then close it, the Excel program remains open (and blank). I would like
the
Excel program to close when I close the last file. Can somebody tell me
where
this setting may be located?

Thanks!