mmrosek

Default How do I "Double-click" only using the keyboard?

I want to be able to click through a cell to the referenced cell without
having to reach for my mouse, put the cursor in the cell, and double-click.
I want to be able to hit a keyboard shortcut, and have excel take me to the
referenced cell. Is this possible?

PeterAtherton

I think you might be after Trace Dependants.

Select the cell and Press F2 (Edit Key) To show dependant cells.
Alternatively:
Select cell(s) with formulas, choose Tools,Auditing, Trace Dependants.

The VB syntax would be

Selection.ShowPrecedents

Peter
"mmrosek" wrote:

I want to be able to click through a cell to the referenced cell without
having to reach for my mouse, put the cursor in the cell, and double-click.
I want to be able to hit a keyboard shortcut, and have excel take me to the
referenced cell. Is this possible?

mmrosek

For my job, I use a workbook with multiple sheets. One sheet is used to
explain the numbers in my other sheets. So on the first sheets (with the
numbers) there is a cell with an {a}, {b}, etc... You can double click on
it and it will take you the last page and to the cell with the explanation.
The formula in the "{a}" cell is =Lastpage!A3. Then on that page, I put a
link back to the original cell, =firstpage!c5, out to the side of the
explanation. It helps me read an explanation and quickly find the number it
is describing. Thanks for any help