Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Tool Bars - Restoration or Saving

After being transferred to a new branch I don't have an access to the old
domain and a limited 'administrator' account was created for me by the
concerned IT Officer.

The complete documents still are reflected in the C:\docutments & settings
however, due to creation of a complete new profile I have lost all the
settings of toolbars I had created/modified.

Any way 2 restore them?

If not, I am afraid that if I am given access to a new domain and again a
new account is created I might have the new settings lost again sending me
back 2 default settings.

Any way 2 save such settings
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Customizes Toolbars and Menu setting are store in Excelxx.xlb file where xx is
your version of Excel.

Usually found in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel

There are other files you may want to transfer.

Here is a list from Dave Peterson...............

I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work.

It's not complete, but may help you.

Word/Excel files:

FileName Use
custom.dic personal dictionary
*.acl personal autocorrect list
mssp2_en.exc personal exclusion dictionary
normal.dot default (for new documents) template
*.dot Any other templates you've made

*.xlb personal toolbar
book.xlt defaults for new workbooks
sheet.xlt defaults for new worksheets