Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating due dates and february differences

I have a spreadsheet that takes a start date and calculates the date that a
recertification is due. There are 4 certification periods 90days, 90days,
60days and 60days. My current formula looks something like this B2=A1+89,
C2=B2+90, D2=C2+60.

This has been working fine except that Excel is considering February has 30
days vice 29, is there a way to fix this?

Or to make the process simplier?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel's calendar is correct (now) and takes into account leap years.
Do you use "real" Excel dates?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet that takes a start date and calculates the date that a
| recertification is due. There are 4 certification periods 90days, 90days,
| 60days and 60days. My current formula looks something like this B2=A1+89,
| C2=B2+90, D2=C2+60.
|
| This has been working fine except that Excel is considering February has 30
| days vice 29, is there a way to fix this?
|
| Or to make the process simplier?
|
| Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel knows the number of days in February for every year except 1900. So
unless you're dealing with that year, it's not an Excel problem.

Are you perhaps using Days360 to add dates? That would cause February to
have 30 days.

Regards,
Fred.

" wrote
in message ...
I have a spreadsheet that takes a start date and calculates the date that a
recertification is due. There are 4 certification periods 90days, 90days,
60days and 60days. My current formula looks something like this B2=A1+89,
C2=B2+90, D2=C2+60.

This has been working fine except that Excel is considering February has
30
days vice 29, is there a way to fix this?

Or to make the process simplier?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am confused with the "real" excel dates... the user is typing in a date
such as 1/26/2008.. and they are using excel 2003

Thank you for any assistance.
tdc1976

" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet that takes a start date and calculates the date that a
| recertification is due. There are 4 certification periods 90days, 90days,
| 60days and 60days. My current formula looks something like this B2=A1+89,
| C2=B2+90, D2=C2+60.
|
| This has been working fine except that Excel is considering February has 30
| days vice 29, is there a way to fix this?
|
| Or to make the process simplier?
|
| Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's time to end the guessing. "I think it's this" and "something like this"
won't help. Knowing will. Why don't you tell us the data and the formula?
That's the only way we're going to be able to help you.

Regards,
Fred.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Excel knows the number of days in February for every year except 1900. So
unless you're dealing with that year, it's not an Excel problem.

Are you perhaps using Days360 to add dates? That would cause February to
have 30 days.

Regards,
Fred.

"
wrote
in message ...
I have a spreadsheet that takes a start date and calculates the date
that a
recertification is due. There are 4 certification periods 90days,
90days,
60days and 60days. My current formula looks something like this
B2=A1+89,
C2=B2+90, D2=C2+60.

This has been working fine except that Excel is considering February
has
30
days vice 29, is there a way to fix this?

Or to make the process simplier?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The data is used to calculate the end of a certification period for medicare
hospice, I am pasteing in the formula that we currently are using...

Doe, John 1/1/2008
Doe, John =SUM(89,B1)
Doe, John =SUM(90,B2)
Doe, John =SUM(60,B3)

I really appreciate any assistance that may be provided as I am self taught
on excel and just need to ensure that we have the most accurate dates
available.

Thank you

"Fred Smith" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You still aren't helping us to help you, as you haven't told us what answers
your formulae have returned, but there doesn't seem to be a problem and I
don't know where you are getting the strange idea that anything is treating
February as having 30 days..

Your SUM(89,B1) is returning 30/3/2008, I assume?

Why dont you try the following formulae?
=B1+1
=B1+30
=B1+31
=B1+59
=B1+60
=B1+89
Which of those gives you a different answer from what it ought to give?
--
David Biddulph

"Fred Smith" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to thank everyone for their help... I found out that another
user changed the location and therefore the formulae throughout the
document...

Thank you