Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default closing a 2007 worksheet

At school and at home if I use the X in the upper right corner to close a
file, it also closes Excel. I just ook an Excel 2007 class and that didn't
happen. I closed the file but Excel stayed open. I cannot find a property to
change that will allow me to close a file from the X but leave the program
open. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Suzan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The variable may be the "Show all windows in the Taskbar" setting under
Excel Options, Advanced.

Excel Options is found at the bottom right of the Office menu.

--
Jim
"Suzi-Q" wrote in message
| At school and at home if I use the X in the upper right corner to close a
| file, it also closes Excel. I just ook an Excel 2007 class and that didn't
| happen. I closed the file but Excel stayed open. I cannot find a property
| change that will allow me to close a file from the X but leave the program
| open. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, should it be checked or unchecked?

"Suzi-Q" wrote in message
| At school and at home if I use the X in the upper right corner to close a
| file, it also closes Excel. I just ook an Excel 2007 class and that didn't
| happen. I closed the file but Excel stayed open. I cannot find a property
| change that will allow me to close a file from the X but leave the program
| open. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you hold the Shift key when you click on the X it is working the same in 2003

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Suzi-Q" wrote in message
| At school and at home if I use the X in the upper right corner to close a
| file, it also closes Excel. I just ook an Excel 2007 class and that didn't
| happen. I closed the file but Excel stayed open. I cannot find a property
| change that will allow me to close a file from the X but leave the program
| open. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Suzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for the delay; had to wait until I got back to school to try it. It
worked. Thanks

/ss