Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Yaz Yaz is offline

Default Closing Excel 2007

Hi,
Has anyone come across a problem where the Excel close button needs to be
clicked twice, before excell fully closes.
Selecting the office buttonexit excel works fine. However, clicking the top
right close button seems to close the winow or active workbook, leaving excel
open. All other office apps close with with a single close click. It is very
annoying..

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This seems to be an unavoidable side-effect of having 'Show all windows in
the taskbar' selected in your Excel options. If you can live without this
feature your problem should go away.

--
Jim
"Yaz" wrote in message
| Hi,
| Has anyone come across a problem where the Excel close button needs to be
| clicked twice, before excell fully closes.
| Selecting the office buttonexit excel works fine. However, clicking the
top
| right close button seems to close the winow or active workbook, leaving
excel
| open. All other office apps close with with a single close click. It is
very
| annoying..
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Yaz Yaz is offline

Thanks Jim, back on track

"Yaz" wrote in message
| Hi,
| Has anyone come across a problem where the Excel close button needs to be
| clicked twice, before excell fully closes.
| Selecting the office buttonexit excel works fine. However, clicking the
top
| right close button seems to close the winow or active workbook, leaving
excel
| open. All other office apps close with with a single close click. It is
very
| annoying..
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes. And the "fix" is not a fix at all.
Does anyone know if this is something we can actually fix for our end-users
so they can have the full functionality (show the items in the task bar) of
the app?

How do we escalate this to MS?

thanx.
--
JJ Runnion
IT Support

"Yaz" wrote:

Hi,
Has anyone come across a problem where the Excel close button needs to be
clicked twice, before excell fully closes.
Selecting the office buttonexit excel works fine. However, clicking the top
right close button seems to close the winow or active workbook, leaving excel
open. All other office apps close with with a single close click. It is very
annoying..

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JJ Runnion

Hold the Shift key when you click on the top right X

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Yaz" wrote:

Hi,
Has anyone come across a problem where the Excel close button needs to be
clicked twice, before excell fully closes.
Selecting the office buttonexit excel works fine. However, clicking the top
right close button seems to close the winow or active workbook, leaving excel
open. All other office apps close with with a single close click. It is very
annoying..

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The best way that I found is to click on the 'Office Button' in the upper
left hand corner of your screen - right click on 'Exit Excel' - then choose
to 'Add to Quick Access Toolbar'. This 'X' that's placed on your toolbar
only needs to be clicked once and then it completely closes down Excel.