Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CLosing Excel 2007 with personal macro workbook

When I close Excel 2007, all open worksheets are closed with a Save Changes
prompt where needed. However, Excel itself doesn't close. It requires a
second click of the close button. It took a little research to discover that
this behavior is due to the presence of the Personal.xls macro workbook,
which I need. It seems I now have to click Close twice or hold the shift key
while closing Excel if I want to use Personal.xls, even if none of my macros
have changed. No other Office app behaves this way, nor has Execl ever done
this before 2007.

Is there a setting or fix/workaround/hack to prevent this behavior? It's
very irritating.
--
Kato Wilbur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A workaround would be to put ThisWorkbook.Saved = True in Personal.xls in
Sub Auto_Close or in Sub Workbook_BeforeClose in the ThisWorkbook module.

You would just have to remember to explicitly save Personal when you make a
change to it.

--
Jim
"Kato Wilbur" .(nospam) wrote in message
| When I close Excel 2007, all open worksheets are closed with a Save
Changes
| prompt where needed. However, Excel itself doesn't close. It requires a
| second click of the close button. It took a little research to discover
that
| this behavior is due to the presence of the Personal.xls macro workbook,
| which I need. It seems I now have to click Close twice or hold the shift
key
| while closing Excel if I want to use Personal.xls, even if none of my
macros
| have changed. No other Office app behaves this way, nor has Execl ever
done
| this before 2007.
|
| Is there a setting or fix/workaround/hack to prevent this behavior? It's
| very irritating.
| --
| Kato Wilbur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope. That didn't do it.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
--
Kato Wilbur

"Jim Rech" wrote:

A workaround would be to put ThisWorkbook.Saved = True in Personal.xls in
Sub Auto_Close or in Sub Workbook_BeforeClose in the ThisWorkbook module.

You would just have to remember to explicitly save Personal when you make a
change to it.

--
Jim
"Kato Wilbur" .(nospam) wrote in message
| When I close Excel 2007, all open worksheets are closed with a Save
Changes
| prompt where needed. However, Excel itself doesn't close. It requires a
| second click of the close button. It took a little research to discover
that
| this behavior is due to the presence of the Personal.xls macro workbook,
| which I need. It seems I now have to click Close twice or hold the shift
key
| while closing Excel if I want to use Personal.xls, even if none of my
macros
| have changed. No other Office app behaves this way, nor has Execl ever
done
| this before 2007.
|
| Is there a setting or fix/workaround/hack to prevent this behavior? It's
| very irritating.
| --
| Kato Wilbur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use this
Sub Auto_Close

You must copy it in a normal module, the Workbook_BeforeClose event is in the thisworkbook module

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm