Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kato Wilbur Kato Wilbur is offline

Default CLosing Excel 2007 with personal macro workbook

When I close Excel 2007, all open worksheets are closed with a Save Changes
prompt where needed. However, Excel itself doesn't close. It requires a
second click of the close button. It took a little research to discover that
this behavior is due to the presence of the Personal.xls macro workbook,
which I need. It seems I now have to click Close twice or hold the shift key
while closing Excel if I want to use Personal.xls, even if none of my macros
have changed. No other Office app behaves this way, nor has Execl ever done
this before 2007.

Is there a setting or fix/workaround/hack to prevent this behavior? It's
very irritating.
--
Kato Wilbur