Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lists

Hello,

I would like to know how to activate a list from one sheet to another, In
other words, I have a liste on one sheet, and I am making a new sheet in
table format and I would like to get to the list that is on another sheet!
How can I do this?

Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry my bad explanations, what I mean is to trnafer a scroll down list in
french they are called Liste Déroulante! How can I refer to this list from
another sheet?
TK again

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to know how to activate a list from one sheet to another, In
other words, I have a liste on one sheet, and I am making a new sheet in
table format and I would like to get to the list that is on another sheet!
How can I do this?

Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're talking about a list box or combo box. You'll have to create it again
on the second sheet. You can insert a form control or Active X control on
the second sheet and refer to the original list on the first sheet -
ListFillRange and set your LinkedCell to the cell you want on the second
sheet.

Tyro

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to know how to activate a list from one sheet to another,
In
other words, I have a liste on one sheet, and I am making a new sheet
in
table format and I would like to get to the list that is on another
sheet!
How can I do this?

Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't know what you mean by "list".

What type of list?

How created?

How used?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:46:35 -0800, Pascale
wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know how to activate a list from one sheet to another, In
other words, I have a liste on one sheet, and I am making a new sheet in
table format and I would like to get to the list that is on another sheet!
How can I do this?

Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Déroulante in English means "descend" or "unfold"

If a dropdown list is created by DataValidationList, the same list can be used
on other sheet if you first give the list a defined name.

Select the list and InsertNameDefine.

Name it MyList.

On other sheet use the =MyList in the source dialog.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Pascale" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to know how to activate a list from one sheet to another, In
other words, I have a liste on one sheet, and I am making a new sheet in
table format and I would like to get to the list that is on another sheet!
How can I do this?

Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Was my guess about DataValidationDropdown List correct?

If so, see this website for how to do it.

Gord