Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Special Help (Excel 2003)

Hi, Strange thing has started with Paste Special from one workbook to another
although in the same workbook the function is fine;

When I copy from one workbook, go to the other and select Paste Special the
new window pop up is strange and shows a list to select from as follows;

MS Office Excel Object
Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
Bitmap
MS Excel 8 format
Biff5
Biff4
Biff3
Biff
SYLK
WK1
DIF
XML Spreadsheet
HTML
Unicode Text
Text
CSV
Hyperlink

Any ideas much welcomed.

Regards Newbeetle
--
This post was created using recycled electrons!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would help if you could explain what you are trying to paste.

Thx,
JP

On Jan 31, 12:36*pm, Newbeetle
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you have both workbook files open in the same instance of excel.

Close one workbook (and that instance of excel) and use File|open to open the
second file.

Then try it.

Newbeetle wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave,

Works a treat, funny I don't recall opening the sheets that way before , so
I guess memory loss is settling in as I do this monthly oh well.
--

Newbeetle wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may have checkmarked ToolsOptionsGenerl "Ignore other application" which
would cause you to open a distinct instance of Excel for each file opened by
double-click.

ToolsOptionsGeneral Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications"

If no joy with that................

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:43:07 -0800, Newbeetle
wrote:

Thanks Dave,

Works a treat, funny I don't recall opening the sheets that way before , so
I guess memory loss is settling in as I do this monthly oh well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cheers Gord,

It always great this site for fast response, glad you guys are out there! I
tried your idea but have the same problem, but no probs at least I have a
solution and can sleep tonight.

Thanks to everyone for your help as always.