Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert K

Default Excel 2003 - paste special option

I have 2 spreadsheets: 1 that I use for materials prices and 1 that I use to
calculate a bid. When I cut and paste (special) from my price list into the
bid list everything works OK. I've noticed that even if I insert rows or
columns in my price list, the values in my bid list stay correct. I protect
the bid list so it is easier to enter the measurments, etc. to calculate the
bid.

My problem is that when I pull up the spreadsheet again after I've moved any
cells in my price list, most of the bid numbers will read "$0.00". It
appears that the formula for that cell will now read any changes I've made to
the position of the price list cells, even though it works fine when I test
it....any ideas?

I select sheet protection and file "read only" (so I don't overwrite it each
time) with the bid list...is that causing my problem?

Thanks,
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Robert, please check out my tutorial for an order form/invoice. I believe
creating something like that will work well for you:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com