Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Print Protect

This may be a real easy question but I can't find it in the help file. How
do you put a write protect on a workbook that will not allow someone who
opens it to save/copy/print? An example for use would be a financial type
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But don't forget that anyone who can open the workbook can copy entire sheet
ranges to a blank workbook.

You can protect the book to prevent sheet copying and protect the sheets so's
users can't select cells to copy.

I can open a new work book and enter

'='C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\exceldata\[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!A1

and retrieve the info to manipulate as I choose.

General rule is............if you don't want people to access and distribute
your personal and sensitve information, don't include it in the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP