Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich White

Default How to protect print area?

Is there a way to protect the print area once it is set?

I tried turning on worksheet and workbook protection, but I am still able to
change the print area.

I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't think so.

Maybe you could set the printarea to what you want in the workbook_beforeprint
routine. But if the user disables macros, it wouldn't work.

And couldn't the user just copy to another worksheet and print from there no
matter what you tried?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich

I wouldn't mind if the user went to some trouble to copy and print if they so
desired, I really just want the official form to print correctly.

The macro idea may be an acceptable alternative,

Thanks,

Rich