Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Where is this in Excel 2007 ?

In Excel 2002 I can goto:

ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus

If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!

I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows where
things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the instructions of
the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show full menus"
in 2007.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't find it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

T. Valko or Biff -

I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has ribbons),
why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always show full
menus"? What would that mean?

- Mike

"T. Valko" wrote in message
In Excel 2002 I can goto:

ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus

If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!

I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows where
things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the instructions of
the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show full
menus" in 2007.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't find it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are still "sub-menus". For example:

Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
Home tabCellsFormat

The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu there's a
button to click in order to see more selections.

In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
In Excel 2002 I can goto:

ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus

If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!

I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows where
things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the instructions
of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show full
menus" in 2007.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't find
it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu there's
a button to click in order to see more selections.

That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA in
Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see what it
is you're seeing.

--
Jim
"T. Valko" wrote in message
| There are still "sub-menus". For example:
|
| Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| Home tabCellsFormat
|
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu there's
| button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
|

| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP
|

| "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| T. Valko or Biff -
|
| I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
ribbons),
| why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always show full
| menus"? What would that mean?
|
| - Mike
|

| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| In Excel 2002 I can goto:
|
| ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
|
| If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
|
| I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows
where
| things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the instructions
| of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show full
| menus" in 2007.
|
| http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
|
| So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't find
| it.
|

| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I see,
Home tabStylesConditional Formatting Manage Rules...
Home tabCellsFormat Format Cells...

These last entries will display dialogs. I don't see the menu expand
character, as in previous versions.
I thought all submenus were always displayed.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"T. Valko" wrote in message
In Excel 2002 I can goto:

ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus

If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!

I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows
where things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
instructions of the app of where to look there is no selection for
"always show full menus" in 2007.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't find
it.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"T. Valko" wrote in message
| There are still "sub-menus". For example:
|
| Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| Home tabCellsFormat
|
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
there's
| button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
|

| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP
|

| "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| T. Valko or Biff -
|
| I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
ribbons),
| why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always show
full
| menus"? What would that mean?
|
| - Mike
|

| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| In Excel 2002 I can goto:
|
| ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
|
| If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
|
| I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows
where
| things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
instructions
| of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show
full
| menus" in 2007.
|
| http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
|
| So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't
find
| it.
|

| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome but
hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
|I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| a button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA in
| Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see what
it
| is you're seeing.
|

| --
| Jim
| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| |
| | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | Home tabCellsFormat
| |
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| | button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | T. Valko or Biff -
| |
| | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
| ribbons),
| | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always show
| full
| | menus"? What would that mean?
| |
| | - Mike
| |
| |
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| |
| | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| |
| | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| |
| | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that shows
| where
| | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| instructions
| | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always show
| full
| | menus" in 2007.
| |
| | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| |
| | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't
| find
| | it.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd love to see what it is you're seeing.
hallucinating menu expand buttons?
I thought all submenus were always displayed

Well, let's see. By my caclulation you guys owe me a couple adult beverages!
<g

Seeing is believing:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8180/menusws8.jpg

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome but
hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
|I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| a button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA
in
| Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see
what
it
| is you're seeing.
|

| --
| Jim
| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| |
| | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | Home tabCellsFormat
| |
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| | button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | T. Valko or Biff -
| |
| | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
| ribbons),
| | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always show
| full
| | menus"? What would that mean?
| |
| | - Mike
| |
| |
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| |
| | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| |
| | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| |
| | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that
shows
| where
| | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| instructions
| | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always
show
| full
| | menus" in 2007.
| |
| | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| |
| | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just can't
| find
| | it.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

T. Valko or Biff -

I think the reason you are not seeing the entire "menu" is because of your
screen resolution (800x600 ?) and Windows font (Extra Large Font in Windows
| Display Properties | Appearance | Font size ?) .

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome
but
hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
|I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| a button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA
in
| Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see
what
it
| is you're seeing.
|

| --
| Jim
| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| |
| | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | Home tabCellsFormat
| |
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| | button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | T. Valko or Biff -
| |
| | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
| ribbons),
| | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always
show
| full
| | menus"? What would that mean?
| |
| | - Mike
| |
| |
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| |
| | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| |
| | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| |
| | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that
shows
| where
| | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| instructions
| | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always
show
| full
| | menus" in 2007.
| |
| | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| |
| | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just
can't
| find
| | it.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're probably right but with these same display settings I was able to get
around this in Excel 2002.

I guess MS removed this option (show full menus) in 2007.

Oh well. This is just one of those things you have to deal with when you're
"vision challenged" !

--

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome
but
hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
|I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| a button to click in order to see more selections.
|
| That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA
in
| Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see
what
it
| is you're seeing.
|

| --
| Jim
| "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| |
| | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | Home tabCellsFormat
| |
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| there's
| | button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | T. Valko or Biff -
| |
| | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
| ribbons),
| | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always
show
| full
| | menus"? What would that mean?
| |
| | - Mike
| |
| |
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| |
| | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| |
| | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| |
| | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that
shows
| where
| | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| instructions
| | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always
show
| full
| | menus" in 2007.
| |
| | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| |
| | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just
can't
| find
| | it.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Biff
| | Microsoft Excel MVP
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even when I scrunch my Excel screen up tiny like yours the full menus
appear. Of course Excel is taking up only a tiny part of my screen at that
point so there is plenty of room to extend down or up.

If you're using Vista that might be a different too. I'm on XP. When you
click the arrow does the menu extend or does it scroll? If it's the latter
it looks more like Windows Scroll Menu feature than the old Excel adaptive
menus.

--
Jim
"T. Valko" wrote in message
| I'd love to see what it is you're seeing.
| hallucinating menu expand buttons?
| I thought all submenus were always displayed
|
| Well, let's see. By my caclulation you guys owe me a couple adult
beverages!
| <g
|
| Seeing is believing:
|
| http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8180/menusws8.jpg
|
| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome
but
| hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Jon Peltier" wrote in message
| |I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
| |
| | - Jon
| | -------
| | Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| | Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| | Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| | _______
| |
| |
| | "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| | there's
| | a button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was NA
| in
| | Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see
| what
| it
| | is you're seeing.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Jim
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| | |
| | | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | | Home tabCellsFormat
| | |
| | | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these sub-menu
| | there's
| | | button to click in order to see more selections.
| | |
| | | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | --
| | | Biff
| | | Microsoft Excel MVP
| | |
| | |
| | | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | | T. Valko or Biff -
| | |
| | | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it has
| | ribbons),
| | | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always
show
| | full
| | | menus"? What would that mean?
| | |
| | | - Mike
| | |
| | |
| | | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| | |
| | | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| | |
| | | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| | |
| | | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that
| shows
| | where
| | | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| | instructions
| | | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always
| show
| | full
| | | menus" in 2007.
| | |
| | | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| | |
| | | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just
can't
| | find
| | | it.
| | |
| | |
| | | --
| | | Biff
| | | Microsoft Excel MVP
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm on XP.

Same here

does the menu extend or does it scroll?

It scrolls which is even more annoying!

it looks more like Windows Scroll Menu feature

I'll look into that.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
| I'd love to see what it is you're seeing.
| hallucinating menu expand buttons?
| I thought all submenus were always displayed
|
| Well, let's see. By my caclulation you guys owe me a couple adult
beverages!
| <g
|
| Seeing is believing:
|
| http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8180/menusws8.jpg
|
| --
| Biff
| Microsoft Excel MVP
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| I guess. We've all suffered with 'where the f is the command' syndrome
but
| hallucinating menu expand buttons? Might need an intervention.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Jon Peltier" wrote in message
| |I think Biff's still suffering the initial shock of installing 2007.
| |
| | - Jon
| | -------
| | Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| | Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| | Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| | _______
| |
| |
| | "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these
sub-menu
| | there's
| | a button to click in order to see more selections.
| |
| | That's really surprising. Like Mike I thought that 'feature' was
NA
| in
| | Excel 2007. I sure don't see any evidence of it. I'd love to see
| what
| it
| | is you're seeing.
| |
| |
| | --
| | Jim
| | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | | There are still "sub-menus". For example:
| | |
| | | Home tabStylesConditional Formatting
| | | Home tabCellsFormat
| | |
| | | The full sub-menu doesn't display. At the bottom of these
sub-menu
| | there's
| | | button to click in order to see more selections.
| | |
| | | In Excel 2002 you can set it to "always show full menus".
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | --
| | | Biff
| | | Microsoft Excel MVP
| | |
| | |
| | | "Mike Middleton" wrote in message
| | | T. Valko or Biff -
| | |
| | | I don't understand. Since Excel 2007 doesn't have menus (it
has
| | ribbons),
| | | why would you expect Excel 2007 to have an option to "Always
show
| | full
| | | menus"? What would that mean?
| | |
| | | - Mike
| | |
| | |
| | | "T. Valko" wrote in message
| | | In Excel 2002 I can goto:
| | |
| | | ToolsCustomizeOptions tabAlways show full menus
| | |
| | | If this is still available in Excel 2007 I can't find it!
| | |
| | | I went to the MS site where they have an interactive app that
| shows
| | where
| | | things are now located in Excel 2007 but when I follow the
| | instructions
| | | of the app of where to look there is no selection for "always
| show
| | full
| | | menus" in 2007.
| | |
| | | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
| | |
| | | So, this option has either been removed from 2007 or I just
can't
| | find
| | | it.
| | |