Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL: always start edit/replace at FIND WHAT: line

Using Excel 2003 SP3.

First time I start EXCEL and use EDIT/REPLACE, the cursor sits at the FIND
WHAT: line. All other times, the cursor goes to the REPLACE WITH: line.

It's illogical to start at the REPLACE WITH: line. How do I force the
EDIT/REPLACE command to ALWAYS start at the FIND WHAT: line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

During a session of Excel, the EditFind or Replace remembers where you last
left off.

Presumably you left off at the Find/Replace with: dialog.

No way to "force" Excel to change this behaviour AFAIK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:24:00 -0800, Danchisko - UMDNJ <Danchisko -
wrote:

Using Excel 2003 SP3.

First time I start EXCEL and use EDIT/REPLACE, the cursor sits at the FIND
WHAT: line. All other times, the cursor goes to the REPLACE WITH: line.

It's illogical to start at the REPLACE WITH: line. How do I force the
EDIT/REPLACE command to ALWAYS start at the FIND WHAT: line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If below is true, then it is inconsistent with at least one older version of
Excel (office 97) and the office 2003 version of Word, which does always
place the cursor at the FIND WHAT: line.

wrote:

Using Excel 2003 SP3.

First time I start EXCEL and use EDIT/REPLACE, the cursor sits at the FIND
WHAT: line. All other times, the cursor goes to the REPLACE WITH: line.

It's illogical to start at the REPLACE WITH: line. How do I force the
EDIT/REPLACE command to ALWAYS start at the FIND WHAT: line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Definitely inconsistent with Word 2003 which does default to Find/Replace What:

Don't remember Excel 97.

I notice the phrase "If below is true".

I cannot point you to documentation, but my experience with Excel 2003 has been
consistent with my statement.

Perhaps others have a different experience and will jump in to help.

Gord