Default Combine several records into one

Greetings,

I have a database of magazine subscriptions in which each record
represents a single subscription. There are multiple subscriptions to
many of the magazines and I'd like to take a group of records like
those below and combine them into one record.

This new record could replace the first record, could be a new record
on the existing sheet, could replace all the records on which it is
based, or could be on a new sheet. I only need one method.

Thanks for your attention.
Tom

Title Branch code

AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AH
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AU
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ CA
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ CL
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ CL
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ EA
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ KE
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ LA
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ MO
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ RE
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ SC
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ SU
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ WQ

New record
AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AH,AU,CA,CL.....

CLR

Assuming your data is in columns A, B, and C, with headers in row
1...........

In D2 put =A2&B2&C2
In D3 put =IF(A3=A2,D2&","&C3,A3&B3&C3), and copy down...........

This will make the bottom entry for each magazine to have the result you
want.........delete the rest...

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Chuck, thank you very much for your help. It's really quite
straightforward and, using your model, I see how to add another column
which will identify the last record for a particular title. Thanks
again.

Tom

CLR

You're welcome tom, I'm glad you got it working, and thanks for the
feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

oups.com...