Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 very slow to open or close

I upgraded from office 2000 to 2007- bad idea- without any problems for the
first months. Now, when I open or close EXCEL the CPU jumps to 50%+ and the
Applications shows Excel not responding. After a minute or so , the CPU drops
to normal and the program opens or closes. Why? Any Fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some possible reasons in this post ...
http://tinyurl.com/28mff5
'--