George Gee

Default Slow to open /close

Hi all

Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at which it
opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close.

Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz.
All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware,
and no add-ins checked in Tools Add-ins.

It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any ideas?

--
George

David McRitchie

Hi George,
Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm
particular items such as clearing out your IE cache,
making sure you don't have Outlook Journalling (log file)

Perhaps you added macros into ThisWorkbook, or an Auto_Open
or Auto_close macros.
---
HTH,

"George Gee" wrote in message ...
Hi all

Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at which it
opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close.

Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz.
All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware,
and no add-ins checked in Tools Add-ins.

It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any ideas?

--
George

George Gee

David

Sorry I have taken so long to respond!
Thanks for the link.
I have read through most of the page, and emptying the C/Windows/Temp folder
has made a vast improvement to the speed of Excel.
I will make an effort to empty the folder more often!
Thanks once again.

George Gee

*David McRitchie* has posted this message:

"George Gee" wrote in message
Hi all

Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at
which it opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close.

Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz.
All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware,
and no add-ins checked in Tools Add-ins.

It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any
ideas?

--
George

David McRitchie

Hi George,
Thanks for the feedback, I had quite a few to *.tmp files to clear
out on my own system (different directories).