Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannnot Open Excell Spread Sheet

I was working on a Speread Sheet I cloed it and saved it . Now when I open it
it says "Format not recognized".

It had some Macros, and 10 Work Sheets thats it.... I am completely stuck.
Any help would be appreciate..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either the file has become corrupted or the file was created in Excel 2007
format and you are attempting to open it in an earlier version. If the file
is corrupted, there's really nothing you can do, unless you have a backup
copy somewhere.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Randaddyz" wrote in message
I was working on a Speread Sheet I cloed it and saved it . Now when I open
it
it says "Format not recognized".

It had some Macros, and 10 Work Sheets thats it.... I am completely stuck.
Any help would be appreciate..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Need more info.
Did you create the sheet originally? Or was this provided to you for
editing?

Did you save as an Excel file? Look in Windows Explorer and see what
file extension the file has.

Then respond and I should be able to help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look in Windows Explorer to see what the file extension is.

Then respond and we will see what can be done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I apologize, but I have to piggy-back on this because the discussion group
will not let me start a new thread. That is another problem that has
happened often before. I have a very similar problem to the one described
here. I created a large, rather complex spreadsheet in Excel 2007,
containing a lot of data, tables that reference that data, and charts that
reference the data and the tables. Been using it for weeks with no problem.
Now everytime I try to save it I get a message saying it is not in Excel
format. But it was (.xlsx) when I saved it. I managed to retrieve it,
renamed it, added data and then saved it under a new name. Today I retrieved
it with no problem, but when I tried to save it, the same problem occurred.
I'm going to try breaking it into parts (data only, no formulas or charts),
and then save the logically related parts in completely new files. Then from
scratch I'll recreate the formulas and charts without copying them from the
bad file, again into brand new files. Nobody has ever touched this file
except me and I am not having any problems with any of my other files (so
far). Is this a bug in Excel 2007, or did I just make this file too
complicated for its own good?
--
Ross

"HKaplan" wrote:

Look in Windows Explorer to see what the file extension is.

Then respond and we will see what can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think your question was directed to me, but I'll answer it anyway.
I'm not 100% sure I looked in the right place, but when I went to Documents,
the one I saved is shown as a Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet, and the
temporary file the system created is just shown as "File".
--
Ross