Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Angie

Default how to open a spread sheet email

Hi there, I was sent an email which is spread sheet set out but after i
downloaded it, it said i had to find a programme to open it with but i have
no idea how to do this.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Thiem

Hi Angie

First of all, you must have excel on your PC to open excel files. If
you do, click on the file you want to open, and open with Excel. Scroll
down until you see the EXCEL icon.

You can also save the file as a .xls file to your hard drive and then
open, but is must be from a reliable source, you know.

Thiem

--
Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR

You need XL installed on your machine to be able to work with XL files.

To simply read and/or print files, you can download a free XL "Viewer"
program from MS.

This link will take you to a site to download any of the FREE Office
viewers:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp

--

HTH,

RD

"Angie" wrote in message
Hi there, I was sent an email which is spread sheet set out but after i
downloaded it, it said i had to find a programme to open it with but i have
no idea how to do this.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

You may want to try the free viewer from MS.

The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

and the older version if you can't run the one above:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
(One line in your browser)

or...

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD